How Does It All Work?
The nuts and bolts of setting up an in-house course
You can mix and match modules to create a programme designed specifically around you and your needs. Read on to learn more about this unique, flexible approach...
How many modules can I choose?
Choose and sequence as many modules as you need and fit them into a suitable timeframe for either the face-to-face classroom or virtual classroom:
- Half day: 3 or 3.5 hours of module time
- Three quarter day: 4.5 or 5 hours of module time
- Whole day: 6 or 6.5 hours of module time
Unlike face-to-face training which, for practical reasons, needs to be delivered in half, three-quarter or whole day sessions, virtual classroom delivery can be much more flexible.
For this reason, we work within a minimum number and recommended maximum number of hours delivered within any given day.
Our minimum is 1.5 hours and our recommended maximum is 3.5 hours.
Remember: all modules are available in either a standard version: 1.5 hours or a detailed version: 2 hours.
So on a given day, this would enable you to work with any of the following virtual classroom options:
- 1 x 1.5-hour module
- 1 x 2-hour module
- 2 x 1.5-hours modules, or
- 1 x 1.5-hour module and 1 x 2-hour module.
All at once or spread the load?
You can also decide on the frequency of your module delivery. With face-to-face training, if people are opting for more than a day of training, they typically opt for delivery on consecutive days.
However, with virtual classroom delivery, rather than run sessions on consecutive days, it's often more convenient for people to spread sessions over a short period of time, allowing a break between sessions.
Where does the programme run?
For face-to-face delivery, we usually come to you and deliver at your premises. If you have an off-site location you would prefer to use, just let us know.
For virtual classroom delivery, the sessions are delivered live online in our virtual classroom.
Need more customisation?
The programme is designed to be highly flexible. However, we understand that you might need more customisation still.
Here are some of the other things you could do:
- Add a topic (or topics) to a module
- Remove a topic (or topics) from a module
- Expand a topic into a whole module
- Expand a module into a programme
- Add a module not currently offered
Whatever you need, use the form on your right to contact us or book a no-obligation 'talk to an expert' session using the button in the top menu. Either way, we'll be happy to talk through your requirement.
What does it cost?
Face-to-face classroom pricing
- Half day: £795, plus VAT for up to 8 people
- Three-quarter day: £997, plus VAT for up to 8 people
- Whole day: £1,290, plus VAT for up to 8 people
Virtual classroom pricing
We price virtual classroom training differently from face-to-face, using a simple per hour price, allowing maximum flexibility in the length and frequency of module delivery. Also note that the maximum group size is slightly smaller for virtual classroom sessions:
- A half hour of virtual classroom training: £75, plus VAT, up to a maximum of 6
- An hour of virtual classroom training: £145, plus VAT, up to a maximum of 6
Discounts and small group pricing
We offer a 10% discount on the rates above to: small and medium-sized businesses; government departments; public sector organisations (including schools, colleges and universities) and registered charities.
If there are only two, three or four of you who need a face-to-face in-house course, please contact us about special small group rates.
Will customisation cost me more?
In most cases, it won't. We have a large bank of modular materials over and above those we use for the standard modules.
So it's likely that if you have a more specialised request, we'll have something ready to use or something that requires only minimal work to prepare it.
Any other costs?
For face-to-face delivery, we re-charge any trainer travel or accommodation expenses to you at cost.
Our instructional design trainers are located in the Home Counties and south Midlands, so expenses will depend on how far we have to travel to reach your premises - and if we need to stay overnight.
Getting your programme up and running is really easy:
- Use the menu on the left to browse the modules.
- Select the modules you want
- Call us on 0845 122 7102 to tell us your choices and when you want them.
Need some help selecting a programme?
Need some help deciding which modules to choose? Need some additional customisation?
Whatever you want, we'll be happy to help.
- use our help form, (top right of the page)
- book a no-obligation 'talk to an expert' session, using the button in the menu at the top of this page
- call us on 0845 122 7102 or
- email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .