Instructional Design Fundamentals
1-day, instructor-led classroom course
Design and develop effective, learner-centred training courses...
Escape the conventional, unsuccessful approaches to developing classroom training and instead...
- Explore successful key approaches to and aspects of instructional design
- Integrate newer, alternative approaches with more traditional ones.
- Analyse your subject matter to better understand its purpose and relevance for your intended learners.
- Apply different types of transfer effectively in your course design and understand when you should use each type.
- Select the most effective types of practice for your learners, based on learning context and delivery medium
Who should attend?
This fast-paced, highly interactive 1-day public course is ideal for people:
- new to instructional design
- with existing, but limited instructional design experience
- with lots of experience, but no previous formal instructional design training
What does it cover?
The course combines four popular modules from our instructional design programme, to create a compelling day of training which gives you a thorough grounding in instructional design key concepts and best practices:
- Module PA01: Getting up and Running
- Module PA03: Analysing Your Content
- Module IDF01: Understanding Knowledge Transfer
- Module IDF03: Why Practice Makes Perfect
Download the full course outline in PDF format.
Special combination booking discount
If you are booking for yourself and you want to attend the Instructional Design Fundamentals and the Creating Boredom-Busting E-Learning courses, you can get a combined discount price.
Normal price for attending both courses £850, plus VAT. Special combination booking price: £710, plus VAT, saving you £140.
Can't make the classroom course?
If you can't make the scheduled dates or the location isn't convenient for you, why not try our scheduled live online version of the course. This version runs approximately every 6-8 weeks, in our virtual classroom.
3 hours long and with a maximum of 4 participants per course, the live online version provides condensed coverage of all the topics and activities included in the 1-day classroom course.
Ideal if you are based outside the UK; or you are in the UK, but just can't make the scheduled classroom dates.
Need an in-house instructional design course?
If you think an in-house course might be a more suitable option for yourself and colleagues, we have over 20 modules you can choose from (including the modules in the public courses) to create a course that's perfect for you.
Take a look at the modules you can choose from.
Need 1-to-1 instructional design training?
If you need 1-to-1 instructional design training, we can come to you to provide this or run a special 1-to-1 event for you at our Birmingham training centre.
£595 per day, plus VAT. We would also re-charge any expenses, if coming to your premises. Please contact us if you are thinking about a 1-to-1 training requirement.